Friday, September 28, 2007

Carb free?

Well it's taken a while, but I'm finally feeling better about our decision to put the fertility drugs on hold. First, off I'm very excited and hopeful that I will get a new job that will give me the insurance coverage that I'm seriously lacking currently. Second, I've decided to use this time to get healthy. I'm over weight because of the PCOS so I've decided if I'm going to be taking a break, I should use this opportunity to lose some weight. I'm not deluding myself that I will be able to lose all the weight that is needed to bring myself into the healthy range in the few short months that our break should be, but it will only help. M is concerned that I don't eat enough as it is. He feels that I can't afford to eat less than I do now. I tried explaining to him that my problem is not the amount of food I eat, but that I eat all the wrong foods for my disorder. I really shouldn't be eating sugar and carbs, but I do because it's what I enjoy eating. All of my favorite foods are carb related and that's a problem for someone in my condition. As much as it's going to be disappointing, I will have to eat more fruits and veggies and less potato, rice and cereal. Cereal is going to be the hardest for me since I have to eat breakfast and that's the easiest and what I want to eat. I'll just have to think of something else.

2 comments:

Beth Kyle said...

Are you still on the low carb kick? Have you been put on Metformin yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm fairly new to the blogosphere, but I've been following your blog for a while. I'm kind of in the same boat w/ PCOS and working on my weight. I've been doing the low-carb thing, and just wanted to tell you that my breakfast has become my favorite meal of the day. I eat Egg Beaters (equiv. of 2 eggs), 2 slices of turkey bacon, and a Kashi Honey Oat Heart Healthy Waffle w/ sugar free syrup. It's super yummy, and I don't feel deprived. Just passing along the info. Wishing you much success!!!